Monday 2 February 2015

The Sunday Gleaner Outlook Magazine- Style Feature

Speaking of Rasta mesh merinos .. last year I took a shot at styling the versatile piece in a kind of "80's Madonna meets a Rastafarian biker chick" kind of way for a Sunday Gleaner Outlook Magazine style feature on vintage clothing and my love for same. It took me by surprise when I saw the feature because I was expecting a small mention in the magazine but instead I was on the front page with a full center spread on the inside. Infact ,  weeks had gone by and the feature wasn't published and though I was disappointed I just forgot about it and then on one typical Sunday morning while grocery shopping I took a glimpse at the newspaper stand and there I was! Front page of the Sunday Gleaner Outlook Magazine , I couldn't stop jumping and screaming (and a little twerking lol)

It was so surreal to me , I had to buy two copies just so I know it was real...


The shoot was last minute and rushed and hence there was no theme or concept and not much thought went into the looks I put together but the end result turned out to be a cross between 70's glam and an island biker chick vibe.



Even without a theme or concept photographer Danielle McCook recognized the direction the shoot should take with each outfit change and beautifully captured and communicated my sentiments with out me even saying a word.

Some of the barely edited and raw images from the shoot ...



Make-up artist Kimberly Mayne went for a very natural and minimal make-up look which made the outfit changes seamless as we didn't have to remove and re-apply make-up. Kim didn't get a chance to show off her amazing make-up artistry because the time was so limited but you can view her work here.




Hair stylist Ezra somehow managed to keep my hair looking fresh after I got drenched in the rain a couple times.




A big thank you to photographer Danielle McCook , make-up artist Kimberley Mayne and hairstylist  Ezra and everyone that was involved with this project. To the Jamaica Gleaner team.. thank you for offering me the feature , the day I saw my face on the front of the Magazine on the news paper stand will definitely go down as a memorable moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment