Tuesday 24 February 2015

Vacay Day 8: Chica Bonita




Woke up really early and got ready to start our day but it was overcast and rainy all morning so we just had breakfast in the town of Ocho Rios and started our 2 hour journey back home. On the way we behaved like real tourists and took pictures of anything that we thought was interesting and bought shrimp , fresh fruits and coconuts from the stalls on our route.

This floral vintage bra-lette gave me a 70's traditional Cuban vibe and so naturally the pairing of shoes , jewelry and such took on an aesthetic that is reminiscent of that decade and culture. In fact about a year ago , I came across a 1989 Vogue Italia editorial of model Linda Evangelista ; ever since the mood of the steamy Cuban inspired shoot was engraved in my mind and might have influenced my choice of attire that morning.





A young Evangelista at the top of her game back in 1989 , I love the passion of this shoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment