Wednesday 5 June 2013

May's Inpsiration

TLC - Fanmail was the first CD I ever bought as a teenager and then it was Aaliyah and to this day I still listen to those albums. I am greatly influenced by 70's , 80's and 90's art , movies ,music and fashion and it reflects in the way I dress and even the way I think. Before it was known as "athletic chic" the likes of Aaliyah , TLC and Salt and Pepper was donning baggy jeans , sneakers , jersey dresses and over-sized bomber jackets. It was trendy for women to dress masculine back in the 90's, however , sportswear as a fashion trend has been evolving over the past few years with cleaner lines and more feminine shapes and colors. There is no doubt about though that athletic wear is one of those tricky trends to master as you may run the risk of looking as if you are about to head on to a basketball court. I'm not a huge fan of sneakers so I say avoid sneakers all together and instead wear jersey dresses with sexy , delicate heels , bright colored bomber jackets/windbreakers with a little mini dress and sweat shirts and jersey Tee's with sequined shorts/skirts or knee length skirts that are flattering to the silhouette . The direction is sleek and minimal and the idea is to combine fashionable elements with functional ones without getting all D.Wade about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment