Monday 30 May 2016

Lemonade

Since the release of Beyonce's sixth studio album the colour formerly known as yellow is now "lemonade" , the media is so humorous right? But on a more serious note, when I thought I couldn't admire Beyonce anymore she went ahead and humanizes herself by shattering this perfect image we have of her life and exposed her personal experience with love , jealousy and betrayal.

As the words of my favorite song " Pray you Catch Me" echoed in my mind it made me realize that just about any woman (no matter how beautiful I think that person is on the inside and outside) can suffer from the strife and heartache of unappreciated , "un-reciprocated" , deceitful love. Now , the idea that someone as flawless and perfect as Beyonce (in my eyes) can be hurt by a man and become as weak and vulnerable as I've been before isn't so far fetched to me anymore. Beyonce is a star whose World is vastly different from mine , but I realized that in the matter of love and it's mystery , dilemmas and complications , she manages to be just as normal and human as me.

By the end of the the visual album I felt so empowered and wondered to myself why the hell I was so damn heartbroken in the first place , I'm a woman , we bounce back after childbirth , bounce back after pain and embarrassment , bounce back after heartbreak ,  that's just what we do  ...bounce back and bounce to better , stronger , more loving and worthy "D" too.


Anyway , I'm always going off focus on my "fashion" blog , forgive me ,  so on a more fashion related note , I went to dinner the other night clad in what has been my uniform for the past few weeks , a bright colored light weight skirt and a top that doesn't require the annoying contraption known as a bra.

Wearing a high waist "lemonade" yellow vintage skirt , my favorite white vintage purse and lingerie worn as a top.



No comments:

Post a Comment