Monday 4 May 2015

Make -Up Mondays: Electric Blue

Took a shot at a dramatic , edgy yet sultry make-up look the other evening when I went out for dinner. If you are not into the overly done up "beat face" look then this simple but eye-catching make up look might just be right up your alley.


Step 1: After I applied my foundation, concealer and blush I used a wet q-tip to entirely cover my eye lids in a cobalt blue hue , navy blue eye-shadow at the edges of my eyelids and the lightest shimmery silver/baby blue color in the tear duct of my eyes. Using a small makeup brush I blended all three colors creating a smooth gradient of light to dark shade while maintaining a cat eye shape. Used the same technique for the bottom of my eyes.

Step 2: I used a liquid eyeliner to line the lids of my eyes and as I got closer to the edges the line grew noticeable thicker (a cat eye shape/winged liner look). Lined my lower eye with a regular black eye liner.

Step 3: To intensify the blue hue I piled electric blue eye glitter using a wet q-tip and applied dramatic lashes.


Step 4: Finished my make up with a pale pink lip stick but I think a neutral color on the lip would have been much better considering the fact that the eye make-up was so heavy.


The summer party season is fast approaching with the much anticipated event of class and sophistication "Hennessy V" staging its grande "Black Tie" edition this Saturday May 9 , 2015 at the Waterfront , Downtown , Kingston. If you are already putting together your ensemble , consider this and similar sparkly and bold make-up looks for an edgy appeal with a touch of glamour.

No comments:

Post a Comment